Create account if you don't have any: https://dashboard.stripe.com/register
Stripe Business setup¶
After sign up, you'll have a screen like this:
By default your account will be in test mode.
Click on "New Business" button, fill the form, and click "Create account" button:
Now you should have an individual account for your website ("YouDate" in this example)
Then, navigate to menu section Developers > API keys. Click on Publishable Keys and Secret key. Copy these keys somewhere.
Keys that start with sk_test, pk_test are for development and testing purposes only!
After copying the API keys you need to add a webhook. Navigate to Developers > Webhooks, and click on Add endpoint button:
Fill the form and selecting required events, click Add endpoint:
- Endpoint URL should be like this: https://youdate.test/balance/stripe-webhook (set your own domain instead of youdate.test).
- Description optional
- Events to send: select ALL Charge and Checkout events
After creating endpoint you'll have a screen like this:
Click on "Signing secret" field, copy Signing secret key.
In YouDate admin area (Admin > Settings > Payment settings) setup Stripe integration:
- Publishable key (begins with pk_)
- Secret key (begins with sk_)
- Webhook secret (begins with wh_)
- Activate your Stripe account.
After account activation you'll be able to disable "Test data" toggle (sidebar).
Unselect Viewing test data toggle and repeat the same steps. For now, you'll get keys without _test prefix.